The Centre’s Sixth British Isles Share Plan Symposium will be an in-person event at Macfarlanes’ London offices on the afternoon of Thursday, 30 March 2023. The event will comprise four panel debates, running from 13:30 to 17:20 followed by a reception, at which the newspad Award winners for 2022 will be announced. The speakers’ presentations will be pre-recorded and form the background material for what we hope will be lively panel and delegate discussions.
Working panel topics for the symposium are:
The Future Of All-Employee Share Ownership Plans
- All-employee share plans: the case for reform
- Share plan issuer case studies: Examples of all-employee plans and management incentive plans in action
- Share Plan Administration
- Share plans in volatile markets
Executive Remuneration Landscape
- Incentivising executives:
- Mobile executives and equity reward
Regulation And Governance
- ESG: what companies must do & what’s in the pipeline?
- Trustees and employee equity
Global Share Plans
- Global equity plan communications: are take-up rates rising?
- Global employee equity plan surveys
- Can US Esop transactions be adapted for use in the UK?
- Accounting for the cost of global share plans
Employee Share/Share Option Plans In SME Companies
- Incentive arrangements for smaller and/or private companies: How effective is EMI?; Recent HMRC guidance on discretion in EMI plans – what does this mean for companies in practice?; What happens when growing companies outgrow the qualifying limits?; How could the Company Share Option Plan (CSOP) become a standard bolt-on for companies who can no longer use EMI?
- Democratic rights for employee shareholders: Just a slogan, or a campaign which could have positive results?; Should employee shareholders have a right to influence company commercial policy? – What are the limits?; EBTs and trade unionist employee shareholders
Further details to follow.
Centre conferences are celebrated for their level of speaker expertise and equally for the quality of their networking opportunities.
Centre members are invited to take a speaker place. Speakers who propose to present on a case study should feel free to invite client plan issuers to share their slot (all issuers may attend free of charge). To register as a speaker and to suggest a presentation topic, email email@example.com
Centre member delegates: £425/each
Non-member delegates: £625/each.
Delegates from plan issuer companies will be admitted free of charge.
*All prices are subject to UK standard rate VAT
(Thanks to the generosity of our host Macfarlanes, we have been able to keep prices low).
To register a delegate email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone the team on +44 (0)207 562 0586
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.