Representative Paul Mark who is the Democratic lead on employee ownership in Massachusetts will give a keynote speech at this year’s Esop Institute/STEP Guernsey share schemes and trustees’ seminar on Friday November 8 at the Old Government House hotel, St Peter Port. He has worked closely with Mass. Senator Elizabeth Warren, now the leading presidential candidate. She studied law at Rutgers, famous for its employee ownership associations.
This will be a rare opportunity to understand Sen. Warren’s influence on UK Labour and how the politics of Esops work in the US at state and federal level.
For those interested in employee share schemes and trusteeship it is now more important than ever to stay informed, especially given recent developments, such as the Crown Dependencies’ joint initiative and the growth of employee ownership trusts (not to mention Brexit). Our seminars offer expert views and the pleasure of continuing education, along with opportunities to discuss and network.
Our speakers – from Zedra, Pett Franklin, David Craddock Consultancy Services, CMS and Haines Watts – will shed light on the key issues currently facing trustees and employee share scheme professionals.
Topics will include:
- “Can HMRC ask for that?” A talk based on the increasing use under CRS of Schedule 36 FA 2008 specific information and documentation from advisers: How did we get to this position?, What is reasonably required? and Does HMRC have any jurisdictional rights over Guernsey? Actual examples will show how poorly drafted some Notices are, leaving the recipient having to guess what is being asked for!
- EBTs as internal market makers for unquoted companies; managing trapped assets within EBTs
- The Investment Association principles – changes to vesting and post employment shareholding requirements
- UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030 and the role of employee share schemes
- Entrepreneurs’ relief – an update on developments over the past year
The seminar will end with a networking lunch.
Last year’s event was an outstanding success, which we look to emulate this year, building on the popularity of this industry-leading networking and learning opportunity.
Esop Centre/STEP members: £375
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the team on +44 (0)20 7239 4971
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.